How to block ads on Android App Without Root
- Make sure ‘unknown sources‘ is enabled on your Android device. You can enable it from Settings -> Security or Settings -> Applications. You can disable ‘unknown sources’ after you’ve finished blocking ads. In fact, we recommend disabling ‘unknown sources’ after you are done blocking ads.
- Download and install Adbock Plus on your smartphone or tablet. You will need to sideload Adblock Plus onto your Android device. To sideload, download Adblock Plus’s APK installer file from here and place it on your smartphone or tablet’s internal storage. Next, open your file manager, find the APK file you downloaded, and tap it to install it.
- After you’ve installed Adblock Plus, run Adblock Plus on your Android smartphone or tablet and enable Filtering. For most devices, Adblock Plus will then automatically setup the proxy settings required to allow Adblock Plus to block ads. However, if you have one of those devices for which Adblock Plus is unable to setup the necessary proxy settings, you will need to do it manually (it takes less than five minutes). Click here to read a guide that shows you how to manually setup proxy settings for Adblock Plus.
Once Adblock Plus is installed and it has been enabled and properly setup to block ads, you are done — all ads should now be blocked! However, keep in mind, Adblock Plus needs to be running at all times if you want ads blocked. If you disable or close Adblock Plus, it will stop blocking ads.
If your device isn’t in the list, the most common place for the proxy settings is in the advanced WiFi settings.
Android 4.x (Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat) devices
Run Settings application. Select Wi-Fi. The list of available Wi-Fi networks will open:
Connect to the desired network (access point) if not already. Long press on connected network, context menu will appear. Select Modify network config:
In opened dialog mark Show advanced options check box:
Scroll to proxy settings, select Manual, proxy options will appear:
Set Proxy to
localhost and Port to the number specified by Adblock Plus in the notification message:
Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) devices
Go to the WiFi settings and select Advanced settings from the menu:
Find the proxy host and port settings:
Set the proxy host to
localhost and port to the number displayed by Adblock Plus:
Ad Block Settings For 3G or 4G or Mobile networks :
1. Go to “setting”
2. ” more setting “
3. “Mobile data”
4. Click “access point name”
5. Write in proxy “local host”
6. Write in port ” 2020″
Now return to adblocker.
Refresh “filter subscrition”.
Now its works fine on some devices.